top of page
  • Writer's pictureSunny Settlements

The Different Types of Homeowner's Insurance: Understanding Your Options

Homeowner's insurance is an important investment that protects your home and personal belongings. There are various types of homeowner's insurance policies to choose from, each offering different levels of coverage. Here's a breakdown of the different types of homeowner's insurance policies available:

  1. Basic or HO-1 Policy: A basic policy that covers damage to your home caused by specified perils such as fire, lightning, windstorm, and theft.

  2. Broad or HO-2 Policy: A broad policy that covers damage to your home caused by the perils specified in an HO-1 policy, as well as other common causes of damage, such as falling objects and frozen pipes.

  3. Standard or HO-3 Policy: A standard policy that covers damage to your home and personal property from all perils except those specifically excluded, such as flood or earthquake.

  4. HO-4 (Renters Insurance): A policy for renters that covers personal property damage and liability coverage for damages to others caused by the policyholder.

  5. HO-5 Policy: A comprehensive policy that covers both the home and personal property with no exclusions, providing the broadest coverage available.

  6. HO-6 (Condo Insurance): A policy specifically designed for condominium owners, covering the interior of the unit and personal property, as well as liability coverage.

  7. HO-7 (Mobile Home Insurance): A policy for mobile home owners that covers both the structure and personal property.

  8. HO-8 (Older Home Insurance): A policy for older homes that covers the structure and personal property, with coverage tailored to meet the unique needs of older homes.

It's important to understand the differences between these types of homeowner's insurance policies and choose one that best fits your needs and budget. A reputable insurance agent can help you evaluate your options and make an informed decision.

It's also important to understand that homeowner’s insurance and title insurance are two entirely different policy types, as they serve different purposes and provide different levels of protection. While homeowner's insurance is typically required by lenders, title insurance is optional, although highly recommended for protection against potential title problems. Contact Sunny Settlements to learn more about your options and what type of protection will work best for your situation.

14 views0 comments


Sunny Yellow White PNG.png
bottom of page